Kitchen remodeling in Gainesville, GA is a significant project that takes a major financial investment, as well as an inconvenient amount of time. But when it’s done, you’ll have a completely revamped space that adds value to your home, makes working in the kitchen more efficient and convenient and improves your overall quality of life and satisfaction with your home.
When is the time right for you to invest in a kitchen remodel? Here are a few signs:
- You’re there for the long haul: If you know you plan on spending many years in your home, it’s worth your while to remodel the kitchen to give yourself a space you’ll enjoy using. There are some people who purchase a home with plans to upgrade or move within several years, but if you plan on living in your house for most of your life, then a major investment in a kitchen is definitely worth it.
- You find it difficult to host people: If you enjoy hosting people, but your current kitchen makes it difficult for you to prep and cook for gatherings beyond the size of your own family, your lifestyle probably makes it worthwhile to invest in a kitchen upgrade. Plus, the kitchen often serves as a gathering space during parties, holidays and other events. You may find a kitchen remodel helps you open up enough space to have guests over and even allows them to help you out in the kitchen, in addition to giving you a more functional space from day to day.
- The floor plan in your current kitchen is inconvenient: A good kitchen should be designed in such a way that you are able to efficiently move around the space while preparing food. The “kitchen triangle” is a very real and beneficial layout for the room—it’s a design that maximizes efficiency in being able to move between the cooktop, the sink and the refrigerator.
- Your appliances need to be replaced: If you already know you’re going to need to replace your appliances soon, you may as well use this as an excuse to remodel your kitchen. In some cases, poor functionality with your appliances could even lead to some potential safety risks. If you’re already going to be investing in all new appliances, this is a great time to consider what else you can do to enhance the space.
- The appearance is outdated: If you have a kitchen with a horrifically outdated appearance, you might consider giving it a facelift. Sure, it may function well enough, but if you simply can’t live with it any more, you might decide to go for the remodel.
- You have a lack of storage: If you do not have enough storage or counter space for your needs, this is a good indicator that a remodel could be beneficial to you. Giving yourself enough space to work and store items is a big deal for a kitchen space.
For more information about when you should make the move on a kitchen remodel in Gainesville, GA, contact the team at Covenant Woodworks to schedule a consultation.