Just like in the fashion world, what’s hot in interior design one year might not be in favor the next. Custom barn doors have been hot for a few years now, so it stands to reason that they might be going out of style here pretty soon—but we don’t think that’s the case!
Barn doors offer so many advantages over traditional doors that we don’t think their popularity will wane anytime soon. Continue reading to learn a little bit more about barn doors and why you should consider adding at least one to your home.
Why should you consider barn doors?
Regardless of your home’s size or current style, there’s a good chance you could benefit from installing custom barn doors. Here are a few of the top reasons to opt for barn doors over conventional ones:
- Space saving: One reason homeowners swap their conventional doors for a barn door is that they save a ton of space. Instead of swinging outwards, barn doors lay flat against the wall. All you need to do is simply slide the door to the side to open or close it. So if a room is on the smaller side, a barn door can be a great option.
- Highly functional: Barn doors can be used as a focal point in a room, but they’re also incredibly functional. Because they can provide a wider entryway by sliding open, these doors are ideal for rooms that necessitate a wide opening, such as when you’re moving furniture. Additionally, barn doors can be made of lightweight materials that are easy for anyone to open or close.
- Easy installation: You can run into a variety of problems when trying to install a conventional door. First off, a new traditional door must fit within the current frame. Maneuvering the new door into the pre-cut doorway can also be tricky and time-consuming. Because it can fit over any existing entryway and it utilizes rollers, a farmhouse door can be installed in minutes.
- Stylish appearance: Barn doors come in a variety of different styles that can perfectly match the current aesthetic of your home. You can opt for the traditional, shabby-chic style to give your space a rustic look, or you can breathe some new life into your home by choosing a more modern or industrial-style barn door.
- Versatile design: The different designs of barn doors are just as unique as their styles. You can go with the traditional barn door that slides to the left or right, or you can opt for a double-door configuration that allows the two doors to slide open. Talk to your custom door designer to see which design is right for your room.
Let us design and install your new barn doors
Don’t just hire anyone to build your new farmhouse door—choose our team at Covenant Woodworks. We’re committed to designing and installing the highest-quality doors at prices affordable on any budget. We guarantee your new door will look great regardless of your home’s style, so call us today to get started designing your new door!