Even though you don’t spend much time in there, the laundry room is one of the most crucial spaces in your home. After all, how would your clothes get clean without it? Simply having a room with a washer and dryer doesn’t automatically make a practical laundry room, though. Consider the following points before your next laundry room remodel in Gainesville, GA:
- Location: A properly located laundry room can save you a ton of time and hassle. If you have the ability to relocate your laundry room, consider placing it near the bedrooms in your home to avoid walking all over the house to put clean clothes back in their dressers and closets.
- Efficient layout: A laundry room doesn’t need to be big. The smaller, the better in some cases, as a smaller space can be more efficient. A stackable washer and dryer paired with a small counter to fold clothes and a space underneath for a laundry basket are really all you need.
- Comfortable clearances: While planning your new laundry room, be sure to double-check all of your measurements. We mentioned that smaller could be better, but you don’t want to feel cramped in your laundry room. You’ll also want to ensure your hookups are properly positioned for your appliances.
- Cabinetry: Ample cabinet space is a must-have for any new laundry room. Storing your detergents and bleach in a cabinet is safer than keeping them on the ground, and it gives your room a better appearance. You might want to consider open shelving for easy access to your supplies.
- Counters: Your countertops are going to see a lot of action in your new laundry room, so be sure to choose a material that’s up for the task! Engineered stone or laminate are two good choices, as they’re durable and a lot less costly than natural stone. After all, there’s no reason to break the bank on laundry room counters.
- Walls: With all the splatters and spills that are bound to occur in the laundry room, the walls can really take a beating. Be sure to choose an easy-to-wipe semigloss paint when you’re finishing up the project.
Let us help!
When it comes to a laundry room remodel in Gainesville, GA, nobody beats the pros at Covenant Woodworks. Here’s why we’re the best in the business:
- Collaborative mindset: The last thing you want in a contractor is someone who bulldozes all of your ideas and makes you feel like an unnecessary part of the project. Unlike some of our competitors, we work alongside homeowners to make their dreams a reality.
- Timeliness: If you want your new laundry room done as soon as possible, then be sure to choose our team! We work quickly and efficiently from start to finish to ensure your project is done on time and under budget.
Stop living with a cramped and inefficient laundry room and call our team for a laundry room remodel in Gainesville, GA. We guarantee nobody else will match our prices or quality of service.