If you are thinking of purchasing a home or renovating your home, you might be wondering what types of doors you should install to give a sophisticated modern look to your home. Home doors, including barn doors, are of different designs and materials.
Barn doors are made of different models and colors, and they exist in different designs, including traditional and modern methods. Also, they are not as difficult to install; however, they require attention to detail during installation. Below is everything you need to know about barn doors in your home.
Things To Consider Before Installing a Barn Door
Have you wondered, "How do I choose barn doors for my home.?" Consider these factors before installing a barn door.
- Quality: A barn door creates the central area of interest and attraction in your home. Therefore, it is vital to choose a high-quality barn door that will leave your home looking flawless and sophisticated. Also, a high-quality barn door is durable and moves quickly, smoothly, and quietly.
- Enough space: A barn door requires space to slide along its track. Unlike the swinging door, a barn door requires a wall space on one side of your opening which should be slightly equivalent to the width of the door.
- Structural support: Barn doors are hefty and bulky. Therefore, they should be mounted on a header attached to the wall studs found above the doorway for stability and sturdiness. This enables the barn door to slide easily without any difficulties.
- A door latch or handle: A barn door requires a pull or take latch that enables you to open and shut quickly. However, the type of latch you decide to install on your barn door depends on its location and your privacy wishes.
Interior Barn Door Benefits
Barn doors have several beneficial functionalities compared to swinging doors. They also create a fun and modern outlook for your home. Below is a simple walkthrough of some primary benefits of installing an interior barn door for your home.
- Barn doors save on space: Barn doors are an excellent choice if you need more space in two separate areas or rooms. Installing barn doors in tight places creates a spacious outlook in a room compared to swinging doors that take on so much space.
- Barn doors are easy to install: Barn doors do not require any professional expertise since they do not require any measurement procedures before installation. Unlike the traditional doors, which require measuring and cutting the doorway before installing the door, barn doors require simple installation steps. Also, they take a shorter time to install.
- Barn doors are more convenient: Installing barn doors in your home allows easy movement and functionality. They are made of lightweight materials that move quickly while moving furniture or other items through the doorway.
Would You Like to Install a Barn Door in Your Home?
Visit Covenant Woodworks, a family-owned construction and remodeling company based in Gainesville, Georgia. For the last 19 years, we have been providing some of the best construction and remodeling services to our clients in Georgia, including custom barn door installation, kitchen and bathroom remodeling, cabinetry, etc. Call us today to get some of the best barn door installation services for your home.