Remodeling your bathroom may have been on your to-do list for a long time. A bathroom should serve as an oasis, personalized for you and matching the luxury of the other rooms in your house. If your current bathroom is feeling more like a headache than a peaceful escape, it may be time to jump into a bathroom remodel in Gainesville, GA.
Many people worry about taking on the project of a remodel. Will it turn out how you hoped? Will you finish in time for your next get-together? How do you pick the best layout? Fortunately, we know common mistakes homeowners make when taking on the project on their own. Avoid the following pitfalls to successfully complete your custom bathroom in Gainesville, GA:
- Forgetting to plan ahead: Don’t begin demolition in the bathroom until you have a solid plan, down to the smallest details. Colors and styles for everything in the bathroom will need to mesh, so make decisions prior to taking a sledgehammer to the walls.
- Not creating a layout: Similar to planning the details, make sure the flow of the room is set beforehand. This will help you decide on the focal point of your bathroom—for example, you should avoid making the toilet the focal point—and make sure everything you’re dreaming of will fit properly, leaving enough space to walk and be comfortable.
- Not adding enough storage: While storage does take up space, plan to include enough to store the commonly used items in your bathroom. This will help maintain the luxury of your space, as every item will be able to be hidden away, letting your fixtures shine.
- Neglecting proper ventilation: Since ventilation is not the first thing you think of when you think of a bathroom, this might be easily forgotten. Easy access to the ventilation system helps with cleaning and helps make sure your space has proper air circulation.
- Forgetting to consider windows: If you decide to install a window, which is an excellent way of adding natural light to your new space, make sure you consider its placement carefully. A window may seem well placed during spring and summer when the tree in front of it is full, but it might allow an unwanted view once those leaves begin to fall.
- Underestimating the timeline: Discoveries such as water damage or faulty wiring can delay the completion of your remodel. Create a plan, but make sure to leave enough wiggle room in your timeline for any issues that might pop up.
Turn to a professional
The best way to avoid these and other common mistakes is to hire the professionals at Covenant Woodworks. We will complete your bathroom remodel in Gainesville, GA and turn your bathroom into your own personal sanctuary. Our expert craftsmen are experienced in both upgrades and complete remodels, taking into account all of your ideas and preferences and bringing your vision to reality. Get in touch with Covenant Woodworks today and begin enjoying your new oasis in no time!